Number of persons
Enter the number of persons in your group.
Infants under the age of 2 are free. Do not include them in the number of persons that you enter.
Infant car seats
Let us know if you require infant car seats. On the checkout page you can add comments to your order.
If you have another day available, we recommend a visit to Sagada to see the Hanging Coffins. The local people originated from Indonesia and are known for their cave burial rituals located in “Echo Valley”. There are numerous waterfalls and the highlight of the trip is navigating the slippery, Sumaguig caves (You can take a dip in the pool here). If time allows, we take a visit to the Bomod-Ok big waterfalls and Kiltepan Peak at Sagada. This town also has good restaurants and used to be a hippie hangout. This tranquil atmosphere is recommended for an overnight stay. A visit to the Bontoc museum with artifacts and beautiful pictures from the mountain tribes must not be missed.
Bontoc is 45 min travel by car from Sagada and 1.5 hours from Banaue. It is the regional center and is also the best starting point for trips to Kalinga.
Optional extra, plus one day to include KALINGA.
Kalinga is 2 hours travel from Bontoc by 4×4 car or rented jeepney and is one of the most unexplored areas in the north. Traditional tribal lifestyles continue almost unchanged here but the practice of head-hunting ceased decades ago. The people in Kalinga are proud of their warrior culture so please be respectful or let your guide do the talking. Traditional law applies here, the government has little influence in this area.
The countryside blessed with high peak mountains, rice terraces, waterfalls and hot springs is remote and magnificent. In the wet season June to December especially, the area is vulnerable to landslides. Highlights are in Liminancong, which rivals the rice terraces of Batad and can be reached by one day hiking, rented jeepney or 4×4. Tinglayan is the best starting point for treks.
On the way to Tinglayan we pass by the Balbalasang-Balbalan National Park and the Chico River offering amazing scenery. We will visit a local village where the ancient tradition of tattooing is still practiced. The local people, especially the elder woman, most of whom are tattooed, live mainly from rice planting. Many challenging hikes with a guide (required) are possible in this area. The accommodation and food are very basic here so we therefore focus on 1 day trips commencing from Bontoc.
After Kalinga it is possible during the dry season to travel by 4×4 car, the 7 hours, via tabuk to the capital of the kalinga area, Tuguegarao. If time allows, we visit the famous Calloa Cave, which has a “church” inside. Returning from Tuguagarao to Manila is just a 1 hour flight, alternatively, after Kalinga you could continue to Baguio or Vigan or go back to Manila by road (8 hours).
Departs (Pick up/Drop off)
– Roundtrip transportation by luxury air-conditioned vehicle: Manila-Banaue-Manila (Free WIFI onboard, subject to service availability) with English speaking driver guide
– Fuel, toll fees, parking fees & registration fee.
– 3 Nights best available run of the house accommodation with hot water shower incl. 3 breakfasts, local taxes & service charges.
– 1 day mountain trail hike to a local village incl. local English speaking guide and partly using local jeepney. Choice of Batad or Banga-an village.
– Viewpoint & Museum visit, incl Museum entrance.
– 1 day tour to Sagada, incl. entrance fee Sumaguing and Lumiang Cave, Sugong viewpoint and services of a local English speaking guide ( 1.5 hrs).
– Visit the mountain tribe museum in Bontoc. Incl entrance fee.
– OPTIONAL EXTRA’s on the way back from Manila (not included in this tour):
a) To visit THE SURRENDER SITE OF GENERAL YAMASHITA. Entrance fee is not included in this tour and is to be shouldered by you on the spot.
b) To visit THE SUNKEN CHURCH OF BACALOR. Entrance fee is not included in this tour and is to be shouldered by you on the spot.
Itinerary may change due to weather or local conditions.
Rates subject to change.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.